FairQuid Limited (company registration number 09763383) is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy. For the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the “Act”) and the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”) we are the data controller. We are registered with the Information Commissioner’s Office (registration number: ZA174337).
2. Where we collect information about you
We may collect information about you on our following operations (“Websites”):
- FairQuid Platform (“Platform“, link: www.fairquid.co.uk/app) is an online platform to which our Customers and Clients can log-in and access their FairQuid accounts. Customers can apply for and manage their financial products with us and Clients can share or manage employee data;
- Customer registration sites (“Registration Site“), which allows a prospective customer (employee of our Clients) to register and apply for the financial products offered on our Platform; or
- Our public website of www.fairquid.co.uk (“Public Site“), which contains information about us, our products and our blogs. You can subscribe to our newsletter or ask general information about our services.
3. What information we may collect and process about you
When filling out forms on our Websites we may request the following personal information about you or about your employer and other parties linked financially with you. Before sharing information of other people with us you should ensure that you have their consent to disclose the information about them. FairQuid does not ask for and process sensitive information (as referred by the GDPR: “special categories of personal data”) such as data of racial or ethnic origin, political opinions or genetic data, biometric data which can uniquely identify a natural person.
Data collected from you on our websites:
On our Public Site:
Your or your employer’s, manager’s contact information including name, address, postcode, payroll number and other contact information such as email address, telephone/mobile number.
On our Registration Sites:
Your name, address, postcode, payroll number and other contact information such as email address, telephone/mobile number.
On our Platform, if you are a Customer:
Your name, residential status and address history, postcode, date of birth, NI number, employment and salary details, phone number, your bank account number, your marital status and the number of dependents you have, your savings account beneficiary’s name and contact details, answers to questions required by our suppliers for identification and credit decision purposes, security question answers to your account;
On Our Platform, if you are a Client:
Information about You: name, business address, postcode and other contact information such as your business email address and telephone/mobile number; job title; company name; company registration number; size of workforce; company’s industry; employees’ salary payment dates; names and work email addresses of employees; other employee or member information (including personal information relating to your employees); information from directors/individuals associated with you and/or your business; security question answers to your account;
Information about prospective or existing Customers (your employees): Following a consent received from a prospective Customer (employee) about a data release we may collect the following information stored in your systems about your employees: name, address, email, telephone/mobile number; employment and salary information.
For all the released Customer information we would become a Data Controller. With regards to existing Customers we would request regular payroll deduction details of the financial products and updates about any information which may have changed since the application for a financial product was made or to inform us that their employment has or is due to come to an end or provide other information which may affect the terms of the loan agreement.
We may also ask you for information if you report a problem with our site. If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence. We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
Cookies are text files placed on your computer to collect standard internet log information and visitor behaviour information. This information is used to track visitor use of the website and to compile statistical reports on website activity. For further information visit www.aboutcookies.org or www.allaboutcookies.org.
When browsing our Websites we may collect internet protocol (IP) address, browser, time-zone, operating system and platform (e.g. Apple iOS, Android, Windows, etc) related information about you by using cookies or other data collection tracking software. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
You can set your browser not to accept cookies and the above websites tell you how to remove cookies from your browser. However, in a few cases some of our website features may not function as a result.
5. Where we store your personal data and about the security of storing your data
The data that we collect from you is stored within the European Economic Area (EEA). All information you provide to us is stored on the secure servers of our data processor partners. We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access to it.
6. How do we use the personal information we collect – the purpose of processing your data
We store and use the information about you to:
- Following your consent sharing your application details with our financial product Suppliers (please see point 7 for more details on sharing your information);
- Deliver to you any administrative notices, alerts and communications relevant to your use of the services;
- Make our website available to you and to identify and provide details of the products and services which you may be interested in;
- To provide you or permit your employer or client organisation to provide you, with information about goods or services offered by other companies that we and/ or they feel may interest you. You will be contacted by electronic means (email, SMS) or phone only if you have consented to this;
- Enrich your experience and interaction with our website by allowing you to store your details so that your preferences are retained when you revisit our website;
- Analyse our Websites usage and improve our services;
- Contact you from time to time to inform you about new features, to troubleshoot problems, and to help protect you against fraud or other criminal activity;
- Manage your Client account with us and update the records we hold about you from time to time;
- Carry out product development, statistical analysis and market research and to improve our products and services;
- For customer service, including answering questions and responding to feedback and complaints;
- For any other specific purposes in relation to your activities on the FairQuid Platform;
- We may also use your data, in anonymised and aggregated form only, to carry out an analysis of and compile reports on your workforce.
In addition, we:
- ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer and we provide you with information that you request from us.
- carry out our obligations arising from any contracts entered into between you and us
- notify you about changes to our services
- may also use your data to provide you with information about services which may be of interest to you (where you have consented to be contacted for that purpose) and we may contact you about these by post, e-mail or telephone.
7. Who do we share this information with
- Following your consent we may share the information collected on our applications forms of the financial products you applied for with our Suppliers (e.g. Credit Unions), as set-out in the Terms and Conditions on our application forms. We may also share your personal information with other members of our corporate group, or a purchaser or potential purchaser of our business.
- After approval for a financial product we may share your product related information (such as repayment amount, balance, term) with your employer as set-out in the agreements of the financial products you applied to on our Platform.
- We won’t provide your personal information to other companies for their marketing purposes unless you have given us your consent. However, we may aggregate anonymised information based on your personal information and disclose this to advertisers and other third parties.
- In some circumstances, we may have to disclose your personal information by law, because a court or the police or other law enforcement agency has asked us for it.
8. Retention periods or criteria used to determine the retention periods of your data
- In case of your data collected on our Registration Sites, but without an email confirmation we keep your registration data for 72 hours.
- In case of released employment data from your employer with pending or cancelled application for any financial product we keep your employment and salary data for 6 months.
- In case of your released employment data from your employer and your submitted application data to our Suppliers we keep your data until any obligation is outstanding based on the financial product agreement. If all obligations are settled we may keep your data until you withdraw your consent since we may use your data as a supportive information in any of your future applications
9. Your rights
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes.
You may request details of personal information which we hold about you under the Data Protection Act 1998 (“Act”) and the GDPR. You may ask us to correct or remove any information you think is inaccurate and we will respond to your request by no later than 30 business days by complying with the respective data protection regulations.
If you would like a copy of the information held on you or if you think any information we have about you is incorrect or incomplete, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or in writing to us at Customer Services, FairQuid Limited, 4 Elder Street, London, E1 6BT.
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our affiliates or other third parties. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites may have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
The Act and the GDPR gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with these data regulations. Any access request you make may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.
10. Marketing and Communications
We would like to provide you with information about our new products, services, promotions, special offers and other information which we think you may find interesting.
If you have registered with us or have previously asked us for information on our products or services, provided you have given us your consent, we may send you information on our range of products and services by phone, email and/or SMS.
If you decide at any time that you no longer wish to receive marketing phone calls, emails or SMS from us, please contact us by email at email@example.com or in writing to us at Customer Services, FairQuid Limited, 4 Elder Street, London, E1 6BT. We will always give you an opportunity to unsubscribe from receiving any marketing from us in each communication we send to you.